Porcelain Dental Crowns
How Arya Family Dental Saves Cracked And Broken Teeth
One of the most common procedures here at Arya Family Dental is placing a crown. Dr. Tandel will place crowns to help out with many different dental health problems. Some of those include:
- To cover a dental implant.
- For a cosmetic modification.
- To protect a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- To cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- To protect a weak tooth from decay or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
- To restore an already broken tooth from further damage.
- To hold in a dental bridge.
What Are Crowns Made From?
Crowns are made from different types of material. Early in dentistry, crowns were made from metals like stainless steel. Here at Arya Family Dental, we use porcelain crowns. The reason that we recommend porcelain is because of its strength and cosmetic appeal. Porcelain provides a better color match than other materials. It is also better for people with metal allergies.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns last 5-15 years, depending on the amount of wear and tear and your oral health habits. After we place your dental crown, you’ll want to stay away from chewing ice and other hard materials, grinding your teeth, biting your finger nails, and opening packages with your teeth. This will help your crown last for as long as possible.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at (734) 762-4852 or email us. We look forward to hearing from you.